Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's only tuesday...

Tonight is one of those nights that I'm glad 7:30 is here and the twins are in bed, PEACE, finally! Sometimes the bugging and fighting just drives me crazy, hubby is on nights so he's here till 6pm and then leaves for work, good thing, I was able to grab 1/2 hr alone time and I got to watch Giada At Home, one of my fave cooking shows that I NEVER get to watch.


Yesterday I bought them the Hungry Hippo game, they LOVE it :) but....and there is always a but in our house one of my twins is becoming a sore loser. I'm trying to make him understand that he can't WIN them all, it's not like I can let him win since it's his brother who beats him, it's the beginning of competition between them. I've never been one of those moms who let's her kids win anyways, I let them win sometimes so they enjoy playing games but they also need to learn how to LOSE. Very important lesson in life is learning to lose gracefully & winning graciously.


They also have a new toy a power wheels jeep it was given to us by a cousin who outgrew it, we've had it since the boys were about one, we've stored it in our basement for 3yrs waiting till they could share and be big enough to ride it. This week was that week, hubby put it together and charged the battery and they take 5min turns each. When I say "Time's up" whoever doesn't stop right away and exit and let the other one on misses a turn, I know I'm mean but how else will they learn? After a few missed turns Matthew has learned to exit immediately(it was usually him who would good around and not let his brother on).
Now my day is done, the house is clean the kids are almost asleep I think......It's quiet in their bedroom at least. Erik has lost his teddy that he sleeps with a bit of a crisis here for a moment but he's sleeping with a stuffed moose for tonight, he thinks his teddy got thrown in the garbage(his worst fear to date) but I told him it's around somewhere not to worry I would never toss his teddy in the garbage, usually it would take him a longggggggggg time to settle after that kind of trauma......but it didn't, sometimes he surprises me :)

This is Erik's Teddy, I do have a spare it's at Granny's if I can't find his, otherwise the world may implode if I don't! Matthew has a moose he sleeps with(have a spare at Granny's for him too) they don't get to take their stuffy's out of the house, they are for bedtime only. I'm sure Teddy will show up, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment